This summer Indy Parks and Recreation and the Garfield Park Arts Center (GPAC) will be hosting Hoosier Women in Art Exhibition to compliment the Hoosier Women in Music concert taking place at the MacAllister amphitheater. Local women will share their talents, their stories, and a part of themselves with a focus on the theme “Community.” Artworks will include ceramics, paintings, textile arts and other mediums. The exhibit will be on display June 8-29, 2013.
Female artists are invited to create and submit 2-3 works of original art for this exhibition. There is no cost to submit.
- Original works must be no larger than 48” x 60” for 2-D and 36” x 60” for 3-D and ready to hang or install.
- Please indicate your desire to participate in the show by emailing Lesley Meier at Lesley.Meier@indy.gov by May 4, 2013. Or mail to The Garfield Park Arts Center, 2432 Conservatory Drive Indianapolis, IN 46203. Please include your name, address, phone number, email, a brief description of your work and a short bio. Please also include 3 samples of your work, either attached to the email or on a CD.
- Artists will be notified of all decisions no later than Wednesday, May 17, 2013.
- All works must be on site at the GPAC no later than Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 4pm.
- The GPAC is a family friendly venue and reserves the right to refuse any work that is deemed inappropriate.
Questions? Please contact:
Lesley Meier, GPAC Manager
Do you work for the City of Indianapolis? Share your artwork with the world by entering The National Arts Program Exhibit! The National Arts Program® exhibits artworks created by City of Indianapolis employees, retirees and their families as they compete for cash prizes. Entries are judged in Amateur, Intermediate, Professional and Youth classifications. Participation is completely free!
The Exhibit will take place at the Garfield Park Arts Center September 3 – 24. The closing reception and awards ceremony will be September 24th from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
Stop by the Garfield Park Arts Center to pick up a registration form, or register online here. Registration form must be received by August 12, 2011.
Garfield Park Arts Center (GPAC): Call to Artists for Asian Arts & Artists Exhibition
This summer Indy Parks and Recreation and the Garfield Park Arts Center (GPAC) will be hosting an Asian Arts & Artists Exhibition to compliment the annual Asian Fest presented by the Asian American Alliance. Works on display will include examples of the vibrant, exotic visual arts of Asia. From India to Japan to the Philippines, many rich cultural treasures will be represented. This exhibit will feature a blend of time-honored traditions and contemporary techniques. Artworks will include ceramics, paintings, textile arts and other mediums. The exhibit will be on display June 4th – July 24th, 2011, opening with the festival which takes place on the west lawn. Read the rest of this entry »
The Garfield Park Arts Center (GPAC) seeks exhibit proposals for its 2013-2014 exhibit season. Individual artists, art groups and other organizations interested in submitting exhibit proposals for consideration for the 2013-2014 exhibit schedule should familiarize themselves with the EXHIBIT OVERVIEW, PROPOSAL GUIDELINES and STANDARDS FOR EXHIBIT below. Read the rest of this entry »
COMPLETE CALL TO PARTICIPATION FOR ARTISTS
BLACK PEARLS 2011 DESCRIPTION
Featuring original works from up-and-coming as well as established local, regional and national artists of African descent, this engaging exhibition offers a glimpse at how these artists push the visual arts into exciting territories. From textiles to traditional painting techniques, this exhibition will make you stop and rethink what is “Black Art.”
Read the rest of this entry »